Contact: Media Relations at 305/539-3084, 800/955-3646 (U.S./Canada) or Erika Mayor, Fusion PR at 305/632-7323.
MIAMI, FL – (March 1, 2017) The month of March is the best time to enjoy perks while you shop thanks to the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau’s (GMCVB) Shop Miami Month sponsored by Citibank. Miami’s most popular malls, marketplaces, boutiques, restaurants and hotels will be offering incentives and special fashion events from March 1- March 30. For a full list of all the happenings visit ShopMiamiMonth.com.
“There is no question Miami has some of the best shopping of any destination. We no longer have ‘malls’, but places to experience an entire day of shopping, great dining and entertainment,” said GMCVB President & CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “Miami’s cultural neighborhoods are also sprawling with marketplaces showcasing amazing local goods that are so unique to our city.”
The GMCVB is partnering with fashion influencer Kelly Saks and Dadeland Mall for a VIP Shopping tour on Thursday, March 23 at 6PM. Guests will visit select stores that will feature Kelly Saks' picks for spring and enjoy special shopping offers all evening long. The evening will end with cocktails and light bites at the Terrace Dining restaurants. The event is free but requires pre-registration. For more information visit ShopMiamiMonth.com.
Let the Shopping Begin!
Shop Miami Month partners will be offering the following special shopping incentives from March 1 – March 30:
- Bayside Marketplace - Guests or groups that visit Bayside Marketplace in March coming from more than 50 miles outside of Miami will receive the Premier Passport, a special discounts booklet.
- Bloomingdale’s Aventura - Visitors and locals who present their CITICARD at the International Visitors Desk (1st floor) will receive a 15% Savings Pass and a Bloomingdale’s branded gift with purchases of $750 or more. Certain Restrictions apply. Limited while supplies last.
- Dadeland Mall - Shoppers who spend $250 or more at Dadeland Mall will receive a Dadeland Mall tote bag valued at $15, limit one per customer, per day, while supplies last. Receipts can be redeemed for gifts at Simon Guest Services.
- Miami International Mall - Shoppers who spend $350 or more will receive a gift valued at $25 from participating retailers. Visit Simon Guest Services with your same-day receipts totaling $350 from any combination of Miami International Mall participating stores and restaurants, during the promotion period, and only/or while supplies last. One gift per family, per day.
- Southland Mall - Shoppers who spend $150 or more in one day at Southland Mall during the month of March will receive two tickets to the Regal Cinema Stadium 16 movie theater. Shoppers need only bring their same-day receipts to the Guest Services/Information Booth to collect the movie passes while supplies last. Other restrictions may apply.
- The Falls - Shoppers who spend $250 or more at The Falls in one day will receive a $25 gift card. Shoppers need only bring their same-day receipts to Guest Services to receive the card. One gift, per family, per day and while supplies last. Exclusions may apply.
Show off your Miami style! Post your best Miami outfit of the day or style selfie to Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #ShopMiami for a chance to win 1 of 4 $25 gift cards to spend at local shops and malls. Follow along with Visit Miami on all social channels to learn more about exclusive shopping offers and events throughout the month.
Shop Miami Month is part of the GMCVB’s increasingly popular Miami Temptations Program, which takes a thematic focus on the best that Miami has to offer with monthly deals and special events. Temptations programs include: Miami Cruise Month (January), Miami Romance Month (February), Miami Sports and Wellness Month (April), Miami Museum Month (May), Miami Film Month (June), Miami Spa Month (July-August), Miami Spice Restaurant Month (August-September), Miami Attractions Month (October), Miami Live Arts Month (November), and Miami Heritage Month (December). For more information on the Miami Temptations programs, please visit www.MiamiTemptations.com or e-mail Media@MiamiandBeaches.com. Facebook: @Visitmiami, Twitter: @MiamiandBeaches, #ShopMiami
Editor Note: Visuals and interviews with partners are available upon request.
About The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is an accredited not-for-profit sales and marketing organization whose mission is to attract visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches for leisure, business and conventions. For a vacation guide visit our website at www.MiamiandBeaches.com or call 1-888-76-Miami (US/Canada only) or 305-447-7777. To reach the GMCVB offices dial 305-539-3000. Meeting planners may call 1-800-933-8448 (US/Canada only) or 305-539-3071 or visit www.MiamiMeetings.com. To get further engaged with Miami and the Beaches, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook.com/visitmiami, Twitter.com/miamiandbeaches, Instagram.com/miamiandbeaches and Pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches.