Contact: Paulina Naranjo, RockOrange; (O) 305.731.2012; (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
MIAMI, FL – (March 1, 2016) There is no better time to enjoy Miami’s world renowned shopping centers, retailers and fashion districts than this March as the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) launches its fourth annual Shop Miami Month sponsored by Citibank. Loyal local patrons and visitors from all corners of the globe can indulge in special events, savings and incentives at local participating malls, niche marketplaces, fashion boutiques, restaurants and hotels. A dedicated website – ShopMiamiMonth.com – provides detailed information on retail offers and new programming such as fashion shows, workshops, free make-up sessions and more.
Shop Like a Pro
The GMCVB is partnering with vlogger Marnie Goldberg – also known as MsGoldgirl – to curate a mini-shopping workshop at Dadeland Mall on Sunday, March 13, 12:00-2:30pm. The two-part experience includes a “Shop Like a Pro” workshop where guests will receive tips on what to wear when shopping, where to find the best deals and the most ideal time to shop, as well as a personalized tour by Marnie, who will show them how mall shopping can be like going on a vacation. Participants will learn about outfit planning and where to shop and eat all under one roof. The 10 lucky winners and their guests will be selected from the Visit Miami’s Facebook page. For more on contest details, visit ShopMiamiMonth.com.
Mark Your Calendars!
In celebration of Shop Miami Month, shoppers will have the opportunity to attend a variety of events and gatherings throughout Greater Miami and the Beaches.
#ShopMiami with Help From Macy's
- Styled Mixer for a Cause: On Wednesday, March 9 (6:30 – 8:30pm), Aventura Mall at The Grill on the Alley is hosting an evening filled with designer fashion, cocktails and light bites. The first 50 guests will receive a complimentary gift. With limited space, those interested in attending can contact Nirvana Cobb at email@example.com by March 4. One hundred percent of a $25 donation per person will benefit Chapman Partnership, a charity benefitting the city’s homeless.
- Shop Dadeland with Kelly Saks!: Dadeland Mall is partnering with renowned Miami-based fashion blogger Kelly Saks for a month-long series. She will focus on blog posts and on Thursday, March 10, will present a VIP-style Workshop & Shopping Tour where guests will get a sneak peek into creating a style closet and fashion advice. As one of Miami’s top bloggers, Kelly Saks will feature blog posts on her personal website www.kellysklosetblog.com and social media channels tagged with @shopdadeland.
- American Girl Miami Lea’s Adventure Academy: Girls ages eight and up, who are seeking adventure can join American Girl for their newest Girl of the Year Spring Break events on Monday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 23 (5:30-6:30pm). Inspired by Lea’s adventures in the Brazilian rainforest, participants will visit four themed stations featuring an adventure journal, undersea cupcake food craft, handkerchief decorating as well as a photo opportunity. Tickets are $10 per person. (Please note: prepaid event reservations are non-exchangeable and non-refundable). Reservations are required. For purchasing, call toll-free 877-247-5223.
In true Shop Miami Month style, the GMCVB and Macy’s are giving @MiamiandBeaches Instagram followers a chance to win a $100 Macy’s gift card and Miami-themed prize pack. Fashionistas can enter the #ShopMiami InstaStyle giveaway by uploading a stylish selfie sporting their favorite outfit. Whether it’s rocking their most admired spring style, colorful beach attire or favorite #SoMiami ensemble, everyone is encouraged to show off their unique style. Submitted selfies must include the #ShopMiami hashtag and be tagged with @MiamiandBeaches and @Macys. One winner will be selected, and contacted directly on Instagram at the end of March.
Participating businesses include:
“Greater Miami and the Beaches is a global shopping capital with the allure of stunning beaches, culturally rich neighborhoods and a burgeoning downtown. It is no wonder that Miami is the chosen location for the future American Dream Miami, slated to be the largest shopping and entertainments complex in North America,” said GMCVB President & CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “We welcome both residents and visitors to experience the destination’s wide array of shopping options during Shop Miami Month.”
- American Girl
- Aventura Mall
- Bayside Marketplace
- Dadeland Mall
- Miami International Mall
- Miracle Mile & Downtown Coral Gables Shopping District
- Southland Mall
- The Falls Shopping Center
Shop Miami Month is part of the GMCVB’s increasingly popular Miami Temptations Program, sponsored by Citibank, which takes a thematic focus on the best that Miami has to offer throughout the year at attractive prices. Other programs include Miami Cruise Month (January), Miami Romance Month (February), Miami Sports & Wellness Month (April), Miami Museum Month (May), Miami Film Month (June), Miami Spa Month (July-August), Miami Spice Restaurant Month (August-September), Miami Attractions Month (October), Miami Live Month (November) and Miami Heritage Month (December). For more information on the Miami Temptations programs please visit www.MiamiTemptations.com.
Editor Note: Visuals and interviews with attractions management are available upon request.
About The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is an independent accredited not-for-profit sales and marketing organization whose mission is to attract visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches for leisure, business and conventions. For a vacation guide visit our website at www.MiamiandBeaches.com or call 1-888-76-Miami (US/Canada only) or 305-447-7777. To reach the GMCVB offices dial 305-539-3000. Meeting planners may call 1-800-933-8448 (US/Canada only) or 305-539-3071 or visit www.MiamiMeetings.com. To get further engaged with Miami and the Beaches, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook.com/visitmiami, Twitter.com/miamiandbeaches, Instagram.com/miamiandbeaches and Pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches.