Contact: Media Relations at 305/539-3084, 800/955-3646 (U.S./Canada) or Kelly McKenna, Current PR at 212/445-8380.
MIAMI, FL – (March 2, 2015) – Get those credit cards ready…it’s March madness Miami-style! Retailers and customers are gearing up for this year’s Shop Miami Month sponsored by MasterCard Priceless Miami (March 1 – 31). Visitors and residents who prefer buying to browsing can take advantage of savings and incentives at participating destination area malls, upscale boutiques, unique shopping districts and specialty marketplaces. All the details can be discovered by visiting www.ShopMiamiMonth.com, a dedicated resource developed by The Greater Miami Convention Center & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB).
“It’s been astonishing to watch our retail offerings evolve over the last few years. From new heritage neighborhoods and store concepts to the most well know designers and independent artists setting up shop, Greater Miami and The Beaches is a shoppers’ paradise,” said GMCVB President & CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “We have grown into one of the most fashion-forward destinations in the world and Shop Miami Month is a celebration for our residents and visitors alike.”
What to Wear?
To provide shoppers with fashion tips and style advice, the GMCVB has partnered with celebrity stylist and blogger Irma Martinez. Considered one of the most renowned and respected Latina celebrity stylist in country and named one of the top 75 influencers by PODER magazine and one of the 25 most powerful women by People en Español, Martinez will:
Save the Date
- Press: On Monday, March 9, Martinez will be available for a series of print and broadcast media interviews from Miami, FL where she will share her top shopping secrets for achieving the perfect Miami-inspired look.
- Talk Shop: On Tuesday, March 10, Martinez will host a #ShopMonth Style Chat on @MiamiandBeaches on Twitter from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. EST, to answer questions and talk about what’s heating up the fashion scene in Greater Miami and The Beaches. Using the hashtag #ShopMiami and #MiamiFashionChat, those who love to shop until they drop are encouraged to join the conversation by following @MiamiandBeaches and @IrmaStyle. All participants will be automatically entered for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
- Pin it: During Shop Miami Month, Martinez will take over the GMCVB’s Pinterest page providing outfit inspirations mixing and matching the ultimate styles from local retailers and shopping districts. The style boards will coincide with neighborhood events and be featured on Pinterest.com/MiamiandBeaches and shared on Facebook.com/VisitMiami and Twitter.com/MiamiandBeaches. Have your own look you’d like to share? Post your style inspiration on social media using #ShopMiami for your chance to win a $50 gift card.
From makeup tutorials and complimentary personal shopper experiences to hotel packages and contests, Shop Miami Month is being celebrated in all corners of Greater Miami and The Beaches:
- Alberto Cortes Cosmetics & Perfumes
- American Girl
- Bayside Marketplace
- Dadeland Mall
- The Falls Shopping Center
- Village of Merrick Park
- Miami International Mall
- Southland Mall
For a complete list of offers, fashion events and partners visit: www.ShopMiamiMonth.com.
- Downtown Miami Shopping District
- Miracle Mile & Downtown Coral Gables Shopping District
- Miami Beach Shopping districts (Espanola Way, Washington Avenue, Lincoln Road, Collins Avenue, Ocean Drive)
Shop Miami Month is part of the GMCVB’s increasingly popular Miami Temptations program, which takes a thematic focus on the best that Miami has to offer throughout the year at attractive prices. Full details for Shop Miami Month can be found at www.ShopMiamiMonth.com.
Other programs include Miami Sports Month, Miami Museum Month, Miami Film Month, Miami Spa Month, Miami Spice Restaurant Month, Miami Attractions Month, Miami Live Month and Miami Heritage Month, Miami Cruise Month and Miami Romance Month. For more information on the Temptations programs please visit www.MiamiTemptations.com.
Editor Note: Visuals and interviews with executives are available upon request.
About The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is an accredited not-for-profit sales and marketing organization whose mission is to attract visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches for leisure, business and conventions. For a vacation guide visit our website at www.MiamiandBeaches.com or call 1-888-76-Miami (US/Canada only) or 305-447-7777. To reach the GMCVB offices dial 305-539-3000. Meeting planners may call 1-800-933-8448 (US/Canada only) or 305-539-3071 or visit www.MiamiMeetings.com. To get further engaged with Miami and the Beaches, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook.com/visitmiami, Twitter.com/miamiandbeaches, Instagram.com/miamiandbeaches and Pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities — such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances — easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.
About Irma Martinez
Irma is also the founder and creative director of Trendy Inc., a company launched in 1996 specializing in lifestyle services for the entertainment and production industries. She began her career over 20 years ago, when the term stylist was not known in the Hispanic market, making her a pioneer in her field. Today, she has an impressive portfolio that not only includes “big names” such as Sofía Vergara, Shakira, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Daisy Fuentes, Pitbull, Thalía, Paulina, Lucero, Marc Anthony, Eva Longoria and Gloria Estefan, but also “big brands” such as Colgate, Ford, P&G, Got Milk, Pepsi and AT&T. She is also the owner of Trendy Studio, a state-of-the-art photo production studio located in Miami, FL.