Contact: GMCVB Media Relations at 305-539-3084 or Caroline Foster/Current PR at 212-445-8389
From upscale malls and famous department stores to boutiques and specialty shops, browsing and buying is a favorite pastime for residents of and visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches. This March 1-31, shoppers get more bang for their buck as the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) rolls out Shop Miami Month, sponsored by MasterCard’s Priceless Miami Program showcasing the destination’s world-renowned marketplaces and retail establishments.
How shoppers benefit:
- Spend and Get Offers: During March, take advantage of Shop Miami Month featuring special offers and gifts from leading malls and retailers. For a complete list of offers and participating malls and retailers, visit: www.ShopMiamiMonth.com.
- Shop Till You Drop Sweepstakes: Sign up for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card and a luxurious Miami getaway, which includes a three night-stay, one complimentary couples spa treatment at ELLE Spa and Wellness Center, one dinner for two at 15 Steps at Eden Roc and daily breakfast, courtesy of Eden Roc Miami Beach. For an updated list of participants and to enter, please visit www.ShopMiamiMonth.com.
- Shop Month Style Boards & Fashion Trends: Get shopping inspiration and the inside scoop on top trends with our weekly style boards featuring fab finds from Shop Miami Month malls and retailers inspired by your favorite Miami neighborhoods and activities. Our style boards will be featured on Facebook.com/VisitMiami, Twitter.com/MiamiandBeaches and Pinterest.com/MiamiandBeaches. Want to have a chance to win a $20 gift card during March? Visit us at Facebook.com/VisitMiami and Twitter.com/MiamiandBeaches for more information.
- Shop Miami Hotel Packages: Visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches can relax and recharge after a busy day of shopping by taking advantage of special hotel offers throughout the month of March. Visit www.ShopMiamiMonth.com for a complete list of hotel packages and promotions.
“Our first ever Shop Miami Month debuted last year with great success,” said GMCVB President & CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “It proved to be a natural addition to our Temptations Program as Greater Miami and the Beaches has become one of the most fashion-forward destinations in the world, flaunting a red-hot shopping scene that’s a major draw for everyone from shopaholics to casual browsers. In addition, Miami’s hidden gems continue to redefine the shopping experience. If you visit for Shop Miami Month, explore Miami’s rich heritage neighborhoods to discover the sights, sounds and flavors of these diverse cultures and find treasures of trendsetting items, from unique fashions to cutting-edge home décor.”
To date, Shop Miami Month participants with special offers for consumers during the month of March include:
- Bayside Marketplace
- Dadeland Mall
- Dolphin Mall
- The Falls Shopping Center
- Mary Brickell Village
- Merrick Park
- Miami International Mall
- Southland Mall
- Bloomingdale's, Aventura Mall
- Bloomingdale’s, The Falls
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier
- Tommy Bahama, Dadeland Mall
- Tommy Bahama, Merrick Park
- WACOAL America, Inc., Dolphin Mall
For a complete guide of participating malls and retail partners and special offers, visit the Shop Miami Month website: www.ShopMiamiMonth.com.
Shop Miami Month is part of the GMCVB’s popular Temptations Program, which takes a thematic focus on the best that Miami has to offer throughout the year at attractive prices. Other programs include Miami Cruise Month, Miami Romance Month, Miami Sports Month, Miami Museum Month, Miami Film Month, Miami Spa Month, Miami Spice, Miami Attractions Month, and Miami Live Music Month. For more information on the Temptations programs please visit www.MiamiTemptations.com.
About the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is an accredited not-for-profit sales and marketing organization whose mission is to attract visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches for leisure, business and conventions. For a vacation guide visit our website at www.MiamiandBeaches.com or call
1-888-76-Miami (US/Canada only) or 305-447-7777. To reach the GMCVB offices dial 305-539-3000. Meeting planners may call 1-800-933-8448 (US/Canada only) or 305-539-3071 or visit www.MiamiMeetings.com. To get further engaged with Miami and the Beaches, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook.com/visitmiami, Twitter.com/miamiandbeaches, Instagram.com/miamiandbeaches and Pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities — such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances — easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.