Contact: Media Relations at 305/539-3084 or Karen Bacellar at 212/445-8338.
MIAMI, FL– (November 1, 2014) – From music and comedy shows to art and dance performances, the live music and entertainment scene in Greater Miami and The Beaches is more varied, vibrant and alluring than ever before. During the month of November, the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) will celebrate the 5th anniversary of Miami Live Month (sponsored by MasterCard’s Priceless Miami program) by welcoming visitors and residents to take advantage of a robust calendar of special events and live entertainment offerings throughout the destination. The dedicated website - www.MiamiLiveMonth.com – provides a rich resource for planning and participating.
Rock the Bus!
An annual tradition during Miami Live Month is the special curated nights of live entertainment experiences on the Rock the Bus Tour. The traveling showcase brings passengers on a new adventure each weekend with featured tour stops including:
- Friday, November 7th: Lyric Live Allstars at Historic Lyric Theater features some of South Florida’s most talented singers, dancers, rappers, spoken word artists, magicians and more competing head to head while the audience votes on the winner of a cash prize. The event is hosted by comedian Chello, with music by Jody Hill and Deep Fried Funk Band and an authentic Bahamian Junkanoo band to usher off the boo'd contestants.
- Saturday, November 15th: This Rock the Bus tour starts the night off shopping at the Little Havana to Go store offering a taste of the island through its sounds, smells and Caribbean memorabilia. After that, winners will learn some new dance moves at Dance Art & Fitness Studio (DAF Studio), located in the heart of the emblematic Little Havana. Towards the end of the night, Rock the Bus tour winners will have a chance to try out their new dance moves while enjoying live music at the famed Ball & Chain Bar and Nightclub.
- Friday, November 21st: Big Night in Little Haiti combines art, food, and culture featuring the Haitian sounds of Lakou Mizik, a collaboration of old-school legends and young artist. Produced by The Rhythm Foundation and Little Haiti Cultural Center, the night will also feature delicious Kreyol cuisine from Leela’s Lakay, Hyper Malt, Prestige Beer and Clairin Rum at the bar, and more.
- Saturday, November 29th: Bleaulive Concert Series with Tegan and Sara brings fans to the Fontainebleau Hotel for a concert by this internationally celebrated indie rock singer-songwriter duo. The Canadian Twins, currently touring with Katy Perry are best known for their hit single “Walking with A Ghost,” which was later covered by none-other than The White Stripes.
Miami Fans! Enter to Win Tickets to the Rock The Bus Tour
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Miami New Times want locals and visitors to be part of Miami Live Month by entering to win seats on the Rock the Bus Tour though giveaways on Miami’s Facebook (@VisitMiami) and Twitter (@MiamiandBeaches) pages. Guests will receive complimentary transportation, food, drinks and free admission to a live music event.
Enticing Miami Live Month Hotel Packages
In addition to exciting events, select hotel partners are also offering a variety of unique hotel experiences and discounts during the month of November including Fontainebleau Miami Beach’s “Fall for Bleau” package offering travelers a 3rd night free on their stay and Viceroy Miami’s “A Night at Fifty” package which includes accommodations in a luxurious guestrooms with, VIP Bottle Service at renowned nightclub, FIFTY Ultra Lounge with a complimentary bottle valued up to $300 and breakfast for two. Click here to view all Miami Live Month hotel package
Special Offers for Dining and Entertainment
Restaurants and attractions are also participating in Miami Live Month, offering special discounts and packages. In downtown Miami, 15th & Vine will feature live music every Wednesday evening, $5 Specialty Leblon cocktails and 50 percent off their cheese and charcuterie bar, while Touché Restaurant & Rooftop Lounge will waive their cover charge during the month of November. YUCA in Miami Beach will feature live music every Saturday evening, offer complimentary admission to diners and $7 specialty Mojitos.
In Coral Gables, the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts is offering $5 off select concerts during November and GableStage at The Biltmore is offering $10 off select performances for the highly acclaimed play, Bad Jews. Marvel Universe Live 2014 at American Airlines Arena will offer a $5.00 discount on select performances and The Adrienne Arsht Center is offering special discounts on tickets to Ballet Nacional de España and DETROIT.
Additional dining and entertainment special offers can be found here.
Save the Date!
Some of the other must see, don’t miss events during Miami Live Month include:
- Saturday, November 1 – Sunday November 23: Miami Nice Jazz Fest
- Thursday, November 6: Burgerliscious at Ponce Circle
- Friday, November 7: Cotton’s 24-Hour Runway Show
- Thursday, November 6 – Sunday, November 9: Fitmanity at Miami-Dade County Youth Fair Grounds
- Friday, November 14: Sunny Isles Beach Jazz Fest
- Saturday, November 15: The Coconut Grove Black Heritage Music Series Presents The Edward Waters College Concert Choir
- Sunday, November 16: The Miami Symphony Orchestra celebrates 50 Years of The Beatles’ Arrival in Miami, at The Adrienne Arsht Center
- Thursday, November 20: Mark Birbiglia Comedy Show at The Adrienne Arsht Center
- Friday, November 21: Chamber Music Series “Musical Offsprings” at Deering Estate
- Saturday, November 22: Miami Reggae Festival @ Sunlife Stadium
“Miami Live Month is a time when our visitors, residents and artists come together to support the arts and celebrate live music and entertainment” said GMCVB President and CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “It has been thrilling to watch the arts and multicultural entertainment offerings in the destination continue to grow at such a rapid pace. Miami Live Month provides us with the opportunity to place a spotlight on the talented performers across all genres that take to the stages in our world class venues and to our heritage neighborhoods.”
For all promotion details, a full list of venues and calendar of performances and events, visit Miami Live Month online at www.MiamiLiveMonth.com.
About The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is an accredited not-for-profit sales and marketing organization whose mission is to attract visitors to Greater Miami and the Beaches for leisure, business and conventions. For a vacation guide visit our website or call 1-888-76-Miami (US/Canada only) or 305-447-7777. To reach the GMCVB offices dial 305-539-3000. Meeting planners may call 1-800-933-8448 (US/Canada only) or 305-539-3071 or visit Miami Meetings. To get further engaged with Miami and the Beaches, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities — such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances — easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.