MIAMI, FL – (November 2, 2017) –The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is proud to announce the eighth annual Miami Live Arts Month, taking place in November. The month-long program spotlights Greater Miami’s vibrant live entertainment scene which spans through diverse and multicultural neighborhoods and offers locals and visitors alike with unique and authentic entertainment opportunities. Miami Live Month provides cultural enthusiast with special unique programing and events in the destination. For detailed information on venues and special performances visit www.MiamiTemptations.com.
Miami and Beaches’ emergence as a culture leader provides visitors with a plethora of live entertainment offerings; from jazz, classical and reggae music, to poetry readings and dance performances. Miami Live Arts Month spotlights locally grown talent such as Emily Estefan and global names such as The Whalers and Arturo Sandoval.
“It is a unique time for Miami’s arts and live entertainment scene,” said William D. Talbert, III, C.D.M.E. , President and CEO of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Visitors are exploring the diversity and uniqueness of our multicultural neighborhoods through the live arts present in those communities. Visitors want to connect with authentic experiences and live performing arts is highly valued by culture seekers as way to explore a destination.”
Other featured events during Miami Live Arts Month include:
Miami Live Arts Month is part of the GMCVB’s very popular Miami Temptations Program. The program focuses on different aspects of Miami and ways to take advantage of them. Other Miami Temptation Programs include Miami Cruise Month (January), Miami Romance Month (February), Shop Miami Month (March), Miami Sports & Wellness Month (April), Miami Museum Month (May), Miami Film Month (June), Miami Hotel Months (June-September), Miami Spa Month (July-August), Miami Spice Restaurant Month (August-September), Miami Attractions Month (October) and Miami Heritage Month (December). For more information on the Miami Temptations programs please visit www.MiamiTemptations.com.
- November 2 at 6pm - Burgerliscious 2017 at Fred B. Hartnett Ponce Circle Park, Coral Gables
- November 2–5 at 8pm - The Humans by Stephen Karam at GableStage at the Biltmore
- November 2–5 and 9-12 at 3:05pm, 7pm and 8pm - Miami Motel Stories: Little Havana Presented by Chivas Regal at Tower Hotel·Miami
- November 3 at 6pm - The Black Archives presents Lyric Live at Lyric Theater Cultural Arts Complex
- November 3 at 6pm - Miami Design District Performance Series Presented by Knight Foundation featuring Emilio Estefan in collaboration with Maestro Eduardo Marturet (Miami Symphony Orchestra) featuring Arturo Sandoval.
- November 4 at 8pm - The Opera Atelier Presents Great Opera Moments at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- November 4 at 7pm - iLe in Concert at North Beach Bandshell
- November 6–11 - Miami short Film Festival at Cinépolis Coconut Grove and The Miami Beach Cinematheque
- November 8 at 7:30pm - Frost Concert Jazz Band and “The Drifter” at UM Gusman Concert Hall
- November 11 at 8pm - The Rat Pack Now at Seminole Theatre, Homestead
- November 11–12 at 7:30pm - Flamenco Puro: Steps Through Time at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- November 11–12 at 12pm - House of Creatives Music Festival at Historic Virginia Key Beach Park
- November 17 at 6pm - Sounds of Little Haiti: Culture Walk at Little Haiti Cultural Center
- November 17 at 9pm - PULSE: Late Night at the New World Symphony at New World Center
- November 18 at 7pm - 10th Annual Sunny Isles Beach Jazz Fest at Gateway Park
- November 18–19 at 10am - Mad Hatter Arts Festival at the Barnacle Historic State Park
- November 24 at 8pm - Jazz in the House at the Historic Hampton House
- November–December Art of Black Miami - (events throughout the month) FIU Music Series at the Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Performing Arts Center Concert Hall
- Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8pm - Microtheater Miami at Centro Cultural Español
For all promotion details, a full list of venues and calendar of performances and events, visit www.MiamiLiveArtsMonth.com for full details.
About The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is an accredited not-for-profit sales and marketing organization whose mission is to attract visitors to Miami and the Beaches for leisure, business and conventions. In 2015, Greater Miami’s Travel & Tourism Industry generated a record economic impact of $25.1 billion and a 5% increase in hospitality jobs for the community. For a vacation guide visit our website at www.MiamiandBeaches.com or call 1-888-76-Miami (US/Canada only) or 305-447-7777. To reach the GMCVB offices dial 305-539-3000. Meeting planners may call 1-800-933-8448 (US/Canada only) or 305-539-3071 or visit www.MiamiMeetings.com. To get further engaged with Miami and the Beaches, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook.com/visitmiami, Twitter.com/miamiandbeaches, Instagram.com/miamiandbeaches and Pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches.